Second Delegation: November 14-16, 2019
KBR is pleased to announced a wonderful opportunity for Northern New Mexico. It’s called the Amiel BaKehila program. In short, the state of Israel sends out representatives/engagers to small communities around the world 5 times a year, for free. Read more about the program here: http://amiel-bakehila.org/
Kol BeRamah hosts and coordinates Santa Fe’s participation in the Amiel BaKehila program, but this is really something that the entire community is encouraged to participate in! If you or an organization with which you are involved would like to participate in future events, please email Naomi Israel.
Complete Schedule of Events
Thursday, November 14
- 7pm – Reception & Meet the Delegates at Kol BeRamah
- 7:30-8:30pm – Brief presentations from both delegates
- “Chanukah: The Light That Unites” – Rabbi Aaron Goldscheider
- “Israel: What’s to Love?” – Laura Ben-David
Friday, November 15
- 11am-12pm – “Israel Advocacy Through Social Media” with Laura Ben David
- Shabbat Evening Program @ Kol BeRamah
- 4:37pm Candle Lighting for Shabbat
- 4:45pm – Kabbalat Shabbat Services
- 5:15pm – Rabbi Goldscheider – Leads Friday Night Learning
- 6:15pm – Community Shabbat Dinner – Please RSVP! & Dessert Lecture with Laura Ben-David: “CONFESSIONS OF A NUANCED SETTLER” Find out why an open-minded American immigrant to Israel chose to make her home in a ‘settlement’ in Judea. Hear some rather surprising – and entertaining – stories, anecdotes and opinions about her experiences with Israelis and Palestinians through the prism of life in Israel as a ‘settler’.
Shabbat, November 16
- Shabbat Morning/Lunch Program @ Kol BeRamah
- 9am – Shabbat Morning Services
- Community Kiddush & Lunch & Discussion, “The Menorah: From Temple Times to Today” with Rabbi Goldscheider
- 6:30pm, Havdalah, Melave Malka (post-Shabbat celebration, with Indian treats) & Photo Presentation by Laura Ben-David – “Lost & Hidden Jewish Communities: The Bnei Menashe” Take a virtual journey with the Bnei Menashe, an exotic group of Jews from a remote region in India. Be inspired by the incredible odyssey that culminates in their Aliyah to Israel. A multimedia presentation with beautiful photographs and personal anecdotes that bring the experience to life.
Rabbi Aaron Goldscheider
Rabbi Aaron Goldscheider served for twenty years in pulpits in Florida and New York, before his aliyah to Israel in 2012. He is author of two books: ‘The Light That Unites‘, which focuses on Chanukah, and ‘The Night That Unites Haggadah’ (Urim Press) and ‘לילה של אחדות’ (Yediot Achronot Press) which highlights the teachings of Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik, Rabbi Isaac HaKohen Kook and Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach on the Passover Seder. He is also the founding director of the “In Our Hearts Project” which is dedicated to being a resource in the Jewish community for families that have experienced the loss of a child.
Laura Ben David
Writer, Photographer, Bridge Builder
Laura Ben-David is a writer, photographer and pro-Israel social media activist. Formerly the head of social media at Nefesh B’Nefesh, she is now a sought-after marketing consultant, and director of marketing & new media at Shavei Israel as well as a professional photographer. She speaks to communities around the world on numerous topics including lost and hidden ‘exotic’ Jewish communities, Israel advocacy, aliyah and photographic ‘journeys’. Originally from Monsey, New York, she made Aliyah from Boca Raton, Florida in 2002. Laura is the author of the book, MOVING UP: An Aliyah Journal.
Links for Laura Ben–David
Sorry, there are no volunteer opportunities available right now.