Shavuot Afternoon Learning Program
Explore the Torah of our French Sages and enjoy a French dairy menu exemplaire!
Services, including the reading of Megillat Rut (The Book of Ruth), begin at 9am, followed by our Community Shavuot Meal & Afternoon Learning Program.
French Bread with Butter & Assorted French Cheeses
Chilled Green Pea – Tarragon Soup
Salmon with Leek Sauce
Alsatian Onion Tart
Lentil Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
Tomato and Almond Mesclun Salad with Smoked Salmon
Following our delicious community Shavuot meal, please join us for a Dessert Buffet & Afternoon Learning Program about Torah from France. Enjoy cheesecakes, fruit and coffee and explore the following topics led by various members of our community:
- 1:30 – Naomi Israel: By Gaul-y! A Brief History of the Jews of France
- 2:00 – Rabbi Scher: What Difference Does Rashi Make? How the French sage we call Rashi revolutionized Torah learning
- 2:45 – Jay Taffel: The Power of Each Day: Insights into the Sefiros
- 3:30 – Rabbi Ron: Powerful Prophecy: Maaseh Merkava by the French sage “The Shaagas Aryeh”
- 4:15 – Len Goodman: Gleanings from the Ishbitzer